Thursday, November 19, 2009

DIY Product Photography Class

This past weekend I took a one day photography class at The Needle Shop in Chicago. Who knew all you needed was a cardboard box, some tracing paper, and regular household lightbulbs to get great photos?!

Our instructor Dan, helped us learn how to take clear bright photos of products we post online using a homemade lightbox and your own digital camera. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised just how much I took away from the class.

The Needle Shop is a DIY sewing school and fabric shop. I love that they carry a lot of designer fabrics that are usually found only online like Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry, Henry Alexander, Anna Maria Horner, and so many more. You can also find them on Etsy here.


They offer tons of classes that teach how to sew a tote bag, pajama pants, a baby blanket, zippered skirt, Christmas stockings, aprons, etc. You can also learn hand embroidery, screen printing, and other non-sewing skills. All their classes are one day, usually 4 hours.


I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment